Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

It is hard to believe it is 2009. I remember Y2K like it was yesterday. On January 1, 2000, I was in the middle of planning my dream wedding. On January 1, 2009, I am planning a grocery list, dinner, a week of school lessons and a birthday party for two of my kids. Where does the time go?

We had a wonderful New Years Eve. We didn't get dressed up, nor did we have a night on the town. We spent the evening with our good friends the Hood's and all of our children. It was a fun evening with good food and games. We rang in the New Year with the excited screams of 7 children, who celebrated a few seconds early. I didn't actually see the ball drop, since the kids were in front of the television, but I am sure it was lovely. The kids had noise makers and poppers so they were thrilled, and we were all happy just watching them. This event is becoming a tradition for both families. What a great way to bring in a New Year with good friends and your family. I wouldn't want it any other way! The "Happy New Year" wishes from my kids and the first kiss of the new year from each of them is more than I could ask for.

I am not making resolutions this year. I never keep them, so I think I will skip it this year. I will however make a few "goals" for myself.

1.) slow down
2.) spend more time playing with my children and less time sweating the small stuff
3.) save more, spend less

I think three goals will be a nice start to 2009.

Happy New Year Friends. I wish you lots of Love, Laughs and Happiness in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment