Friday, January 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday (on Saturday)

I was so busy yesterday I did not have a minute to post on Thankful Thursday. The terrible thing is I really don't remember what I did yesterday. I think my kids have sucked every ounce of intelligence out of my brain. I love them dearly, but they are exhausting! Truth be told, I would miss them like crazy if they were not with me every waking minute of the day. However, I will not lie and say I do not day dream about them all being in school all day. I think of lunch dates with friends, reading books, grocery shopping alone (before 10pm), having a clean house because they are not making messes all hours of the day..... A girl can dream.

This is going to be short and sweet. Princess Katie has shared her flu with me. I am so sick! I feel horrible, but I can not lay in bed for another minute. I feel so terrible that I sent Chad to a cheer competition with Leanne today. Dad is being "cheer mom" for the day. He took Katie with him, so it is just me and my sweet boys whom I last saw playing video games and drinking a diet Mt. Dew. I was too weak to correct them. Back to Chad.... He deserves and award or something. He helped Leanne get ready and even double checked her bag to make sure she had her "spankies for her second uniform". I was shocked the man remembered. He did not attempt the cheer make-up. Who can blame him? It involves glue and lots of glitter, but I would have loved to see her after he did it:) I called my great friend Shelly and she agreed to go early, do Leanne's make-up and help her change into her senior uniform and re fix her hair, make-up and bow for the second team. She will also help get her to the right people at the right time. I am sure Chad is thrilled to be there. Don't worry though Katie will keep him occupied! He will have a new understanding for me when he gets home!

Now back to Thankful Thursday (on Saturday). I am so glad I decided to join the other bloggers who participate in Thankful Thursday. I have found myself thinking about what I am thankful for all week. Thinking about what I am thankful for has helped me in other areas as well. I have always prayed everyday. Lately though I have found myself in a little rut. I thank the Lord for the usual things, my salvation, my husband and my kids, but lately I have been asking for more than I am thanking him for. In the last week I have found my time in prayer to be a lot more in depth. I have realized I need to thank the Lord for the small stuff I take for granted every day. There is nothing to small to praise God for. Our God is GOOD. I am adding to my goals for this year. I would like to start getting up earlier than the kids and spending some time in prayer. We start our school day with prayer, but I need to be praying personally each morning for my children and our day. I need to begin my days on the right foot. I will do this everyday next week and hope that by next week on Thankful Thursday I am able to feel a difference.

Here is this weeks list. In no particular order:

1.) Adoption: There was a time in my life I thought I may never be a mother. It was such a low point in my life. I was overwhelmed with the feelings of sadness, grief and hopelessness. I could not understand why this was happening to me. Through adoption all of those feelings are now gone. Adoption also saves lives. It saves the lives of helpless babies who may not have ever had the chance to take their first breath. Adoption saves orphans from a lonely life in an orphanage in Asia, the streets of Africa or the foster care system of the United States.

2.) Vacation: I am thankful we are able to take our family on vacation. There is something so wonderful about leaving all of the cares of life and spending a week away. Whether it is hitting the beach, going to Disney or just camping, spending uninterrupted time with my family is priceless.

3.) Our Troops: I am so very thankful for the men and women of our armed forces. I am also thankful for their families. They sacrifice so much of themselves, time with family and for some their life, to protect this wonderful nation of ours. I recently watched my friend send her son off for training so he could head to the Middle East to protect our nation. She is so sad to see her baby boy leave. Yet she knows this is where he wants to be. Please continue to pray for the men and women serving our country. Whether or not we support the war, we have to support our troops.

4.) Salvation: I am so thankful for my Salvation. I am thankful that through the grace of God I know where I will spend eternity. I have peace in the fact that once I close my eyes forever here on earth I will open them in eternity. I know I will be in Heaven. I find comfort in knowing this. I am thankful that through the blood of Jesus, I am saved.

Only 4 today. I am heading back to bed. Please pray I am better by tomorrow. Leanne's competition continues tomorrow and I want to be there. I NEVER miss her competitions. I have big time mommy guilt!

(I know it says I posted this on Friday. I started it on Friday, but posted it on Saturday. I am not crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment