Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Where have I been?

I have had several complaints that I have not been blogging enough. Lisa hinted to me today that she does not like reading blogs that are not updated daily. I will take that with a grain of salt Lis, since you are a non-blogger:)

I have been so busy, yet I feel like I have not done anything this week. Monday we have our home school group. So Mondays are usually filled with that in the morning and running around in the afternoon. Tuesday we had school all day and I ran to the store etc. I was also down with a sinus headache all evening. This thing is kicking my behind. I am way to old for this stuff! Today I had a long day of cooking. I am sure I mentioned before that our home school group has a group called the care committee. I am in charge of this group. The care committee is in charge of organizing food donations for new mommies, sick mommies or families and in the unfortunate event someone passes on. So far we have only had 1 mommy who had surgery and the rest of the recipients of our food have have been new mommies. We have had a lot of babies in this group this year. On Monday two ladies from our group gave birth to little girls. We delivered food tonight. So here is most of my day in pictures.

I woke up and made blender pancakes for the kids out of wheat berries, oat groats, bran, flax seeds, yogurt and some other healthy stuff. They were actually very good and the kids didn't even know they were good for them. I made a double batch and the rest are in freezer to be reheated as needed. In the background you will see the keffir I am pretty sure I killed and the flower Katie is growing. Yes, it is a fake flower. Silly girl! You can find the recipe and a step by step guide to making these yummy pancakes here
.

After breakfast I started my breads so they all had time to rise. The first bread I made was a cinnamon bread. I made 1 recipe which ended up making 3 small loaves and 2 large loaves of bread. It looked wonderful! Unfortunately I can not smell or taste right now, but Chad, the kids and Lisa all said it was very good. I followed the recipe exactly and then added 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon to the dough in the cake batterish stage. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the bread, so you will just have to believe me when I say it was pretty:) You can find a picture and the recipe for this delicious bread here.

After the cinnamon bread was rising I made pumpkin bread, but instead of loaves I made muffins and frosted them with caramel icing. The kids went nuts over these! I am making them again Friday afternoon because they are all gone and I need more for someone else.


After the pumpkin muffins I started a chicken and rice soup for our dinner. I made a triple batch so I could freeze some for the new mommies. I also made a double batch of my pot pie to freeze for them as well. To go with the soup I made french bread for the very first time. I think it turned out pretty well. It was sooo good. I hope the new mommies liked it as much as we did. You will notice in the back ground a new flower for my counter. Justin assures me he did not pick the tulip out of the neighbors garden. It was merely blowing by his feet in our yard and he didn't want it to go to waste. I totally believe him:)

My kids of course refused to even try the soup because it looked "gross" and had "chunks" in it. So I made them pizza out of a loaf of my french bread.


After my post on sewing my friend Julie emailed me and said "You are super mom! You probably sewed your own cape." I wanted to set the record straight. I am not super mom. In fact I am the total opposite:) While I was cooking up a storm this is what was going on in the back ground.

The kids picked out there own clothes: Yes, one of the kids taped Katies stroller together to make a double stroller. I think that was a hint that she needs a double stroller.


Katie changed her clothes no less than 5,000 times. While Justin chose the rather confusing ensemble of mismatched clothes, a coon skin cap and soccer cleats!

Katie played in flour:

She also cut up every piece of scrap paper she could find to make me "presents" and then when I wasn't looking she glued one to the refrigerator door.

And finally this is what my kitchen looked like when I was done.

Do you still think I am super mom? I think I am a wanna be super mom who still has a lot to learn.

Now the food is delivered. My family is fed. The kitchen is clean and the dishes are done. The kids are bathed and in bed! I am ready to get some sleep and start all over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment