Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE


Today my sweet little Katie turned 4. Her birthday has been a very difficult thing for her momma. All of my friends and family know I do not want this baby to grow up! I hate the thought of her not being little anymore, it makes me so sad. I am handling the actual day very well. However, I have had a few moments when I hear her say something or do something that makes me realize she is really not a baby anymore and I catch myself tearing up.

Katie brings a smile to our faces and joy to our hearts each and every day. I can not imagine life without her. She is a precious gift from the Lord and I thank him each and everyday for hand picking her for our family. I think of Katie's birth mother today and know how sad she must feel. I know she longs to hear her sweet giggles and see her dance. I know she loves her and misses her terribly. I pray that God would allow her to feel how much Katie is loved and cherished. There is no way for me to tell her this, but I know the Lord can comfort her broken heart.

Katie was still awake last night at midnight so Chad and I sang Happy Birthday to her before she fell asleep. She has asked me to sing it several times today. She is so cute:) We celebrated her birthday as a family this evening. We had a nice dinner and Katie requested a strawberry shortcake for her her special cake. It was sooo good! We also took her to Tar*get and let he pick out a gift. She choose a Fancy Nancy dress up outfit, a pair of sunglasses and a pack of sidewalk chalk. She was so cute walking through the store with her sunglasses on carrying her basket of birthday goodies. She is so adorable that everyone we walk passed couldn't help but look at her and smile. We will continue the celebration tomorrow with dinner out with family. She will love having the waiters and waitresses sing to her. After tomorrow the celebrations end until next year when she is 5. Oh my that is scary!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that little Katie is so stinkin' cute!!!! I can totally understand why you don't want her to grow up...she's so perfect just as she is!

    Tell her Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress up outfits. That girls has some style!! She is beautiful. Happy Birthday Katie.

    ReplyDelete