Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why is it so hard???

I have a confession to make... Katie has had a bed full of clean laundry for several weeks. Please don't think her beauty sleep has been interrupted by this. She is not sleeping among the piles of gym*boree and baby g*p. She is nestled between mommy and daddy in our bed. I know, I know, it is a BAD habit! Back to the laundry story...

It is not that I do not put her clothes away. There was literally no place to put them. Her closet was crammed full and her drawers were so full you could barely open and close them. The girl has way to many clothes! I think I have a serious illness when it comes to dressing this child. Here is where it gets difficult. I decided I finally had a few hours to devote to going through her closet, the dresser and the boxes of clothes in her closet I have been saving. I started with the drawers and it was not hard at all. I moved to the hanging clothes in her closet which was still pretty easy. When I started the boxes everything changed. I opened the first box and almost cried. This was not even the box clearly marked clothes to keep forever, DO NOT GIVE AWAY! so I knew it was going to be bad. Chad and I then had the following conversation:

Me: So, you are positive you do not want to adopt another baby, right?

Chad: I'm positive

Me: You're sure? Because once this stuff is gone, I can not get it back.

Chad: I'm sure

Me: I just don't think I can do this.

Chad: There is not reason to hold onto that stuff she will never wear it again.

Me: I can not give away all of the gym*boree. I just can't do it!

Chad: Sell it!

Me: Are you sure you do not want to adopt another baby?

Chad then left the room smiling. He came back a little while later to see how I was doing and asked me if I needed a tissue. Such compassion:)

After our conversation I brought out the big guns. I sent Katie to ask her daddy for a baby sister. Katie truly believe she has a baby sister in China. Her name is Lilly and we will be "picking her up on a big hair plane", she is "very tiny and very cute". She came back a few minutes later and said "daddy said no baby sister".

So, it is was back to the task at hand. I was able to finally thin her closet out and put all of her laundry away. I have 2 trash bags of clothing to bless a family we know with a sweet little girl younger than Katie. I also have another bag to donate to the the local thrift store. I had about 20 pairs of shoes, winter coats, snow pants, more jackets than any child needs and enough bathing suits to start a large swim team.

Now her room is clean. Her bed is cleaned off and her closet and dresser have room for me to fill. Katie could even sleep in her bed tonight, but I won't push it!

1 comment:

  1. I say keep Katie nagging Daddy for that baby sister she knows is in China!! In the meantime, pray, pray, pray that his heart will soften to the idea! :) Changing husband's hearts towards adoption is one of God's specialties I've learned!

    ReplyDelete